Monday, May 24, 2010

FALL IN LOVE WITH ME!

What are you looking for when you think about “falling in love”? Is is some kind of ecstasy? Is it some kind of guarantee of bliss? Is it that desire for enmeshment, of losing ourselves in someone else, in some kind of intoxication, that takes us to another realm of reality in which there is no time and no space?

When you think of falling in love, do you think of being fully awake, or somehow partially blinded by needing and wanting to see only the aspects we want to see in our beloved?

A friend of mine suggests that in order for someone to really “fall I love” with you, they have to SEE you, really see you.

Hmmm... That would imply some kind of honest and open awareness in the picture, wouldn't it. So if I wanted someone to really fall in love with me, he would have to be willing and able to truly SEE me! Not what he wanted to see, but whatever is really there!

I'm just beginning to date again. I've met some delightful men. One in particular has captured my attention. I'm imagining what it might be like to “be in love” with him... I think he might be wondering the same thing, having even admitted that he's been imagining what it would be like to be in a passionate relationship with me.

We have just barely met, and have not even yet kissed.

So...the playing field is entirely open here. While the sky is the limit right now, after the first kiss, we will know more about what steps we wish to take toward one another.

Tonight is the second date. Tonight may be the first kiss. I'm already imagining what it would be like to “fall in love” with him. According to my friend, for him to fall in love with me, he must be willing and able to see me. In order for him to see me, I must be willing and able to be totally transparent. I must be willing for him to see me as I am, not as I think I want him to see me, or afraid he might see me...

Whatever and whomever I am at this present moment, I owe it to myself to be totally “in love” with myself, to the extent that I'm thrilled and delighted for him to see all that I am, since I am already “in love” with me...and invite him to “fall in love” with the me that I am. If he doesn't, oh well... I cannot take it personally. Not everyone “clicks” with the guy or gal they think they want. But when it is a match, it just is. That, my friends, is magical.

We shall see...

Blessings,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment