Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SOUL MATE AT ANY AGE

"Does she want to hold hands...would that be enough for her?"

Al is a 75-year-old widower who is lonely. He just met my friend who was telling Al about her 77-year-old mother, Holly. Al just wants to hold hands, cuddle on the sofa while watching his favorite TV shows, put his arm around his Lady as they walk into a cafe for lunch.

There are times that our body parts just aren't what they used to be, but we nonetheless have a longing for soul connections, for companionship, for the touching of hands, for hugging and cuddling. There are times we long for quiet and peaceful companionship, minus the drama of youth's passions and fiery conflicts.

Henry, a 50-year-old father of four adult boys and recently divorced, has discovered that many women he is meeting online and through friends are "hot to trot" and want a wild "roll in the hay". Henry's head is spinning. He misses being married. He didn't want the divorce. He doesn't enjoy feeling the pressure to "perform" -- especially after years of his wife teasing him for being the "minuteman"...

I've been a widow for over five years and there are times that the emptiness in my bed, the empty chair next to me at a wedding party or holiday meal, the empty space in the room when I'm with friends and family is painful and palpable for me. I miss my husband's hands holding mine. I miss my husband's gentle kiss that for over 30 years gave me the silent reassurance that I was his beloved. I miss my husband's voice, his laugh, his smile as his eyes would twinkle with delight as he looked at me. Yes...I miss that soul connection. I find myself looking for that connection everywhere I go, whether it be a party or a networking event. I find myself wishing that magically some special man will appear into my life, will see me from across the room, will recognize that I am that special extraordinary woman with whom he could share the joys of life. Yes...I am longing. As I look around me, I'm looking at the body parts. But more to the point, I am looking for the soul connection.

Whether we are women or men, whether or not we are in our 30's or 70's, we all have longings for connections -- soul connections. We don't want to be sexual "objects", not really. We want to be precious to someone; we want someone to be precious for us. We want to hug and kiss with tenderness and loving delight, don't we?

There is much in the literature these days about "soul mates". Arielle Ford (www.soulmatesecret.com) has written a book and created a new career for herself, based on her own experience in finding her own "soul mate" in her 40's and also tells the story of her 80-year-old mother-in-law who found her soul mate in her 80's. Yes...we are all "looking" for that special person, that special connection, that special "spark" of recognition and sweetness we call a "soul connection".

Arielle Ford and others talks about how we can create the intention, clear the space, and actually take steps to "manifest" our own soul mate, making that special soul connection. In one of Arielle's recent newsletters, she suggests that we can help move along that intention and manifest our soul mates by taking workshops and classes that put us in the optimum mindset for attracting that special person to us.

I suggest that you go online to the following sites to explore your options for taking some summer courses designed to help you attract your love: www.mishkaproductions.com, www.eomega.org, and www.kripalu.org.

I have let go of a lover who was not the soul connection I thought was there. I saw what I wanted to see. The body parts which we shared, the passion which was ours, blinded me and fooled me into thinking that ours was a soul connection. If it was, I may take the rest of my life learning to understand it and apply those lessons to my life. In the meantime, the passionate connection of body parts taught me to be very clear about who I am, what I want, what I believe I can have, and also to know that there are times I would rather have nothing at all than to have something which is less than my heart's deepest desire.

Although I am quickly approaching my 7th decade (I'm currently 68), I do believe that the universe wants me to experience love and joy. I cannot be open to receiving my heart's deepest desire as long as I am accepting less.

Perhaps this summer I will see you at Kripalu or Omega. Perhaps this summer I will meet my love, my friend, my lover and my new life partner. I do believe that anything is possible!

With love and blessings
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment