Monday, February 22, 2010

Who says I'm a Goddess?!?!

What is this dance I'm doing? One moment, I'm spiritually awake, aware, savvy, connected with my Higher Self, and the next moment, I'm an addict! Addicted to a sexual relationship that doesn't feed my soul; addicted to too much caffeine and chocolate; addicted to shopping for books on Amazon.com; addicted to working long hours...it's a long list, but you get the point.

Some of my girlfriends and women clients are having the same kind of conversation with me: these are women who are savvy, powerful, successful, sexy, spiritually aware, and profess to want to continue to grow into raised and evolved consciousness. These are women who are having relationships with men in which they are asking the question: "who says I'm a Goddess?!?"

When we Goddesses are accepting less than we know we want, desire, deserve and can have, we are giving the universe the message that its okay, we don't have to have anything more, it'll do, it's enough for now, it's better than nothing, and well, maybe this is all there is!

When we Goddesses are having sex with married men, having sex with men who want more from us than they are willing to give us, having sex with men who are either emotionally unavailable or geographically unavailable, having sex with men who give us the crumbs and some other woman gets the whole loaf of bread...are we giving away our power?

I'm a Goddess when I choose at each moment of my days and nights to step up to my own plate; when I acknowledge my self-defeating addiction and choose to be alone rather than accept less than I know I deserve; when I say to that man who is attempting to seduce me once again with his "I miss you Babe" or "I can't live without you darling!" or "you're the ONLY ONE for me!" that I love him and bless him but am letting him go...so that I can clear the space for "Mr. Right" to find me!

Being a Goddess is not something I achieve, as if I've arrived at some destination. Being a Goddess is something I create each step along my journey as a woman: with each choice I make, I am choosing to be a Goddess or a mere mortal woman. When I choose to be a Goddess, I am acknowledging that there is a distinction between my little egoic self (as Eckhart Tolle would call it) and my big expansive Higher Self (as Neale Donald Walsch would call it).

This first blog entry is the beginning a journey I want to take with you. We will share our journey with one another; we will engage in conversations about the dance we each do each day, as we choose to be a Goddess and in our Power, or go into our little egoic default mode of giving up, giving in, accepting less, doing less, living small and throwing away our dreams and goals.

Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment